Ideal candidates will have some experience in journalism and/or writing articles, conducting interviews would be an advantage too. Knowledge of writing for children may also be useful.
Preferably creative, innovative, a quick-thinker, good teamwork skills and committed to completing tasks effectively and on time. This role mainly involves:
- Generating ideas for stories/features based on our projects and following leads from news, public media, press conferences and other sources.
- Attending relevant events on behalf of Medical Detection Dogs.
- Researching and collating evidence and information to support a story using relevant
- information sources (internet, archives, databases etc.
- Assist in writing scripts for videos, reports, voiceovers etc.
- Exercising editorial judgement on the best angle to approach a story from;
- Identifying potential interviewees for stories, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews
Please note that this is a voluntary, unpaid position. However, we will cover pre-approved expenses.
For further information please contact Claire Akehurst:
email@example.com or telephone 01243 839306
Sniff, the charity magazine can be viewed here
See our journalism course